sight venue of the white damsel Rosenegg mentioned.
Photographie sur Bludenz et ses
far from Old Montfort is the lovely village of Klaus. For those Who
want to extend their tour, should ascend up the Viktorsberg near
Viktor Berg, also Vogelsberg, south of Fraxern, separated by
a deep mountain gorge, is called 'middle Mountains', with its
of the highest point on the "ball", how it is called. This mountain
owes its name to the holy
Victor, Pope and Martyr, of who a highly venerated relic is retained,
It has no village, no hamlet, only scattered houses.
The parish church, in
close vicinity of the living quarters, with the former
monastery, where you can find the parsonage and the school itself on a
beautiful hill projection.
The church, formerly the abbey church is pretty, and in particular, has
two beautiful stained glass paintings, of St. Viktor and St. Francis of
ONE DAY IN LAO CAI VIETNAM
This well-shaped mountain
with its quaint buildings grants a great view already out of
an exceedingly pleasant sight, but it also offers extensive and
delightful vistas over the
neighborhood, which it
the city is pleasantly busy Feld Mrch
(Feldkirch) the eye can count
still 25 villages
with a friendly landscape that it overlooks here.
Historical books tell of a time, that once on the
royal court (curtis regia) was situated with a hunting
castle, where Charles
the fat had stayed often. At the
same time there also lived
He was by birth a Scotchman, and profession of the
famous Benedictine monastery
of St. Gallen. His
special love for solitude led him to ask abbots Harmut permission to
be allowed to withdraw entirely into a wasteland. With
the blessing of the abbot he moved around the year 850 on the Viktor
Berg and lived
there for many
years locked in his
He left the bower only rarely, but lectured and taught all
those who made pilgrimages to him, from his windows.
But once he climbed down to preach God's word, after Prederis, a little
that is below Rankweil 's
When he was satisfied of his religious zeal, he
layed exhausted from
the heat of the day under a
linden tree down to slumber.
But at the same hour came many pagan farmers along the way.
When they saw the Christian enemy they cut off his head with a
They buried the misdeed, St.
Eusebius, however, took his head with his right hand, took
and went up towards Viktor
the Fat had been his friend,
and as such
often came to him to the
hermitage, Bolgtw where the
many things in the
In the year <885
named emperor gave the Church of Röthis
with all its
serfs, fields, meadows and alpine pins to the St. Gallen, but with the
commitment to host and cater
for the 12 pilgrims on Viktor mountains.
Under this circumstance the origin of the local monastery has to be
sought. Of St. Gallen, which performed to this end a
monastic building, it became
property of the Counts of Montfort. Rudolph
the same 1381 to the
In 1782 it was abandoned.
- From the
royal court and the
hunting-lodge - by the way - no trace to discover any longer.