Shaolin monk Set performs in gym
Videos from our visit to Songshan mountain.
[embedplusvideo height=”370″ width=”474″ editlink=”http://bit.ly/1mnQhSu” standard=”http://www.youtube.com/v/WkmC0UZ-X-U?fs=1″ vars=”ytid=WkmC0UZ-X-U&width=474&height=370&start=&stop=&rs=w&hd=0&autoplay=0&react=1&chapters=¬es=” id=”ep4370″ /]
The first of our videos ( more to follow )
Some of the best Shaolin Kungfu videos can be seen here :
Shaolin Temple News :
Illegal buildings around the Shaolin Temple have attracted public attention after local media reported that some temporary facilities were set up outside the temple and a construction site was established just 200 meters from the temple.
The abbot (Shi) said the Shaolin Temple did not construct those buildings. “If new buildings around Shaolin Temple were really needed, they must be approved by the authorities and built according to law so as to ensure that they are harmonious with Shaolin culture and Shaolin architectural style.”
The building being built near Shaolin Temple was a canteen of the Shaolin Temple Scenic Spot Administration Bureau. The construction had been suspended pending government approval, said a spokesman for the bureau.
Other illegal facilities would be torn down, he added.
“No unapproved buildings shall be allowed in the vicinity of Shaolin Temple,” said Guo Lei, head of the heritage preservation bureau of Zhengzhou City in central China’s Henan Province, which administers the Shaolin Temple scenic spot.
Shaolin Temple, famous for Buddhist teaching and Chinese martial arts, was enlisted as world cultural heritage by UNESCO in 2010.
– When posing in “double knot seating position”, eyes viewing the tip of one’s nose, one does not look around.
– With “eyes cast down, nose pointing to the mouth, and the mouth viewing one’s heart”, one can control body and mind.
– Your waist must be straight, it should be a relaxed position; therefore one cannot bend down, neither Should the body be turned crooked towards the left, nor slanting towards the right.
– This vision is comparable to a bell, well stabilized, motionless, without swinging, not like a clock pendulum and shaking and swinging towards west and east.
– In double cross legged seating position the posture only then conforms with meditation practices.
One begins the studies of imperial sacrifices – which the human mind is not familiar with.
– Whilst one’s legs will hurt in such position, with the waist sore; achieving the inner peace makes the physical discomfort unimportant.
– One clenches his teeth in order to endure patiently for a while, as our nature never experienced this kind of phenomenon; “being seated for a long time in this manner is called the imperial sacrifice”.
Shaolin Kungfu refers to the traditional cultural system that has formed in the particular Buddhist cultural environment in Shaolin Temple of Songshan Mountain over long history. It is based on a belief in Buddhism and is a reflection the wisdom of Chan.
The Urban meditation hall is different from the Shaolin monastery meditation hall, the public image of the city.
It aims to lay down the irritable heart, to do the right thing; the meditation hall is the main target of the temple monks, the purpose of
meditation, without ‘me’ ego, Nirvana Buddha.
As early as a year ago, the “Urban Meditation Room” has already begun the planning, preparation, operating, at the behest of the Shaolin
The Shaolin temple has built a public hall in the town of Dengfeng, enabling the public to meditate and pray, and learn about the teachings of Buddha.
Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start blogging!
http://www.amazon.com/What-Henry-Africas-cultures-perilious-ebook/dp/B00NBTK5M0 – A five thousand miles journey by road through some of West Africa’s notorious and insecure Continue reading What Henry Africas : Heinz Rainer – African cultures – perilous journeys
http://www.amazon.de/Travel-Ebola-country-Dangerous-unforgivable-ebook/dp/B00MW62WGA – Travel in Ebola country: Dangerous roads – the rain forest is unforgivable About our road Continue reading Travel in Ebola country: Dangerous roads – the rain forest is unforgivable